Marriage/Couples TherapyMarriage/Couples Psychotherapy helps couples, married or unmarried, understand and resolve conflicts and improve their relationship. Marriage/Couples therapy gives couples the tools to communicate better, negotiate differences, problem solve and resolve conflict in a healthy way. The focus of the therapy is on the couple’s relationship vs. the individual. Couples therapy can be short term or last for several months if your relationship has greatly deteriorated. Sessions are typically once a week. Various issues such as infidelity, sex, anger, and communication problems can contribute to distress in relationships. Marriage/couples therapy can help resolve conflicts and heal wounds.
You should seek Marriage/Couples Therapy when …
- You or your partner is struggling to communicate your feelings.
- You or your partner withdraws or become very angry when there is conflict.
- When there is infidelity or an addiction in the relationship.
- When there is a lack of intimacy and sex in the relationship.
- When you feel that there is a lack of emotional connection in the relationship.
- When the relationship is good, but you want to strengthen it.